Why Do You Twitter? Interview with AutismFamily

Each week I will be interviewing a different person to find out, How do you use Twitter?

If you would like to be interviewed for Twitter! Tweet! Win! just send me an email. My name is Wendy and my email address is thecomputerlady@snet.net

AustimFamilyYour Name: Bonnie Sayers

Twitter User Name: AutismFamily

Your blog/website:
What is your blog/website about?

About parenting two kids on opposite ends of the Autism spectrum.

Why did you join Twitter?

To spread word on positive Autism awareness, meet other families and market my articles/blog posts. When I joined there were many news stories circulating in the media on kids with autism getting kicked off planes, voted out of classrooms, not allowed in church and the comments by general public were astounding. They were negative towards the families and ignorant of what Autism is about. Plus Jenny McCarthy is all over telling people that her kid is cured or recovered, doing her book tour, so I wanted to be vocal on accepting Autism and raising kids on the spectrum. They will all be adults someday and what services are out there for support and guidance?

Autism Twitter DayHow are you using Twitter?

To see what others are posting on Autism. I do a Summize Twitter search everyday on the topic. I am promoting Autism Twitter Day which is Tuesday, December 16, 2008. The same focus for the event is promoting positive Autism awareness.

I am really enjoying Twitter, creating buzz on the Autism Twitter Day and meeting many other families that have teens on the spectrum.

Follow Bonnie on Twitter.

If you would like to be interviewed for Twitter! Tweet! Win! just send me an email. My name is Wendy and my email address is thecomputerlady@snet.net

Popular Categories:

No comments: