How to participate?Signup for a free Twitter account and follow NameCheap.
NameCheap will be posting a trivia question every hour on the hour starting on December 1, 2008 until December 25, 2008 on Twitter.
The First three people to reply to the Tweet with the correct answer will get a $9.69 credit to their NameCheap account.
Here's an example:
1) NameCheap will send out a message in Twitter that says, "What jolly man gives toys to boys and girls for Christmas?"
2) You can then send a message back that says @namecheap Santa Claus.
The @ symbol puts it to their attention.
How to redeem?The first three to reply to the Tweet with the correct answer will receive $9.69 credit to their NameCheap account. Winners will be announced on Twitter as well. To claim the credit, you should link your NameCheap account to your Twitter account and it is simple.
- Login to your NameCheap Account (if you don't have a NameCheap account, you can simply create one at https://www.namecheap.com/signup.aspx -- no credit card necessary
- After you login, go to My Account > Manage Profile and then choose Twitter Integration link on the left (https://www.namecheap.com/myaccount/modify-profile-twitter.asp)
- Enter your Twitter username and click Verify
- A short code will be sent from NameCheap to your twitter account using a direct message (a message that no one else other than you could see). Note: Unless you follow NameCheap they will not be able to send you that code.
- Enter the code on the confirmation page and you are all set with linking the accounts.
- Once linked, you will see a credit on your NameCheap account within few hours after your winning.
Rules:To avoid having only a few people participate who game the contest, each contestant can win only one domain per day.
There is an incentive to keep playing.
Keep playing for the iPod Nano!You can't wrap up a domain name and give it to someone else for the holidays. That's why NameCheap is offering 3 iPods to the people who answer the most questions correctly. This does not require you to be one of the first to answer and you can answer as many questions every day in order to add to your tally of correct answers. We will post these winners in our blog after the contest is over. Be sure to keep playing until the 25 days are over and answering as much as you can for your chance to get your hand on an iPod Nano.